Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kratky Hydroponics vs. DWC

Hey,

has anyone ever grown Marijuana via the Kratky Hydropincs Method?
    Basically it is just a DWC system without oxygen added to the nutrient reservoir.
    You even don`t change the nutrients. The idea is that the plant drinks the water in the reservoir
    which leads to falling water leves. This way some plant roots are exposed to air,
    getting some oxygen even though no extra oxygen is added to the reservoir.
    So you just fill the reservoir with as much water as the plant needs from germination to harvest and
    don`t do anything else regarding waterin and nutrients.
    I have tried that method on roses and some vegetables and I was surprised who fast the plants where growing.
    Can we successfully apply the Kratky Method to growing Marijuana?

Frank

I do think that often Dissolved Oxygen is overstated in cannabis growing and I'm not sure that air stones are actually the way to go. I won't be running any airs tones in my Flood Table reservoir.

Not being familiar with Kratky Method the first things that come to mind.

How do you deal with different ratios for vegging/flowering?
    3-4 months seems like a long time to let water set with no circulation. It sounds like it's begging for trouble.

It does sound interesting, but I'd have to see it used before I tried it
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Howdy GrowNo, The extra oxygen in the water is absorbed by the plant thru the roots, just like in soil. With soil, the small gaps, air spaces, allow the roots to pick up the oxygen, that is why plants do not grow well in compacted soil, it must be airy and full of spaces, not just for the air, but also for proper drainage. The extra oxygen in the hydroponic set up also helps keep down the growth of algae and other detrimental microbes.
      I personally have not heard of this "Kratky" method before and it, quite frankly, sounds like a rather haphazard method to me. If it works and provides great weed and in large quantities, let Us know.
      Good luck on Your grow.
      Smoke weed,.....grow peace!

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X