Big Outdoor Grow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Outdoor Grow

Just a pic of a successful outdoor grow. Not mine tho. My friends. Pretty awesome though. Click image for larger version

Name:	Pic-10062013-002.jpg
Views:	167
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	109226

Gps, it's always so wonderful to see it growing all natural like that. Love the picture!!
    Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
    2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
    Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

Nice. Sativa strain?
      Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        A hybrid 50/50 you mean? 'cause when I say sativa I mean "mainly" sativa ^^ Its not so easy to find pure breeds... Usually I find only hybrids.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Well, a hybrid's not necessarily 50/50; it can be 90/10 or 30/70, etc. But if you go to the seedbanks (like Seedsman, for example), and refine your search to just sativa, you'll find the 100% sativa strains. Ace seeds has a lot of pure sativa strains. But I warn you: they are not easy to grow!!!!!

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Don't worry, i'm not interested in sativa ^^ Its medical for me, so only indica. I use Royal queen seeds, and they have what... 1 pure indica, maybe white widow I think, not sure. Rest is hybrid (mine are 80/20 indi/sati). I asked about this one to try and train my eye to see such things

Yeah that's what I thought alltatup I just love seeing pics of big juicy buds. I have another one I'll post that he had. Looked to have some big colas on her too. But Minoo96 I honestly don't know what kind it is. Like I said it was a friend of mine so maybe I can ask him but he's pretty "old school" and doesn't really keep up with all the "lingo" i.e. indica/sativa. But just guessing since they were like 12+ ft tall I'd say sativa dom.

Comment

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks for the confirmation that's what I thought.
        Mainly felt because of the spacing, the size of the leaf, the look of the buds... Like I said, trying to train my eyes ^^

Yeah not a problem. But I understand. I'm still trying to do the same honestly. Here is my current grow. See, the one on the right has waaaaay fatter leaves than the one on the left. But I could have swore when I started the one on the left it was indica but the leaves look much much thinner on it than the one to the right. Both unknown strain. 60+ days from seed. Ready for these days to start getting short.
      Click image for larger version

Name:	zcamera-20170626_094006.jpg
Views:	165
Size:	752.9 KB
ID:	109389
      Last edited by gps420; 06-26-2017, 09:41 AM.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Very interesting differences!!!

• gps420
        gps420 commented
        Editing a comment
        I know right? Both are just reg bag seed as far as I can remember. But they seem too be doing well. Plant on left was trained for indoor but moved out about a month+ from seed. But taking well to the outdoor set up and def loving that sun. ☀Sooo bushy!

Yeah definitely can see it! I have the same "problem"... Indica plants looking like the left one, and only one of them is like the right one... Its confusing when just looking at them.
      Altough, 60 days? See mine:
      (this isn't a competition, i'm just comparing. I'm a new grower, noob, i don't pretend to anything, the plants worked for me)

Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Fantastique!!!

• gps420
        gps420 commented
        Editing a comment
        And just curious...whats up with the straw hay?

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        @alltatup
        thank you very much From a grower as yourself, it means something
        @gps420
        I'm very happy you asked!! It's something you can do even to potted plants, altough it's much less useful i think. You can/should do that on your veggies as well!
        It's not hay though, it's fresh cut grass that was spread over, and over time it dried. Hay isn't so good for that purpose. This is called mulching i think. (today I just added again grass, for the first time since it was planted)
        It'll keep the moisture from evaporating, meaning the soil will stay moist for a VERY long time (15 days, didn't need to water. Actually I water to add molasses, I wouldn't need to water otherwise )
        BUT also, depending on the material used, it'll give nutrients to the ground. Green stuff will always contain nitrogen, so grass is the best, it contains mainly only nitrogen. Other plants can be used, like comfrey! That'll give nitrogen but also phosphorus and potassium it seems! Stinging nettle is also good, but it'll sting! haha So i make stinging nettle manure! Then add it to water (I stopped though, it's pH is too high (should add something to it to reduce pH, lazy)... Plants don't need it... So I just stopped).
        You don't want to add nitrogen at all because you're in flowering? Add already dried stuff then.

It also contributes to life! Small insects will crawl about, spiders and such. It's good, it'll keep in check any infestation that could happen. So far so good, i'm just having a thrips problem right now. Planning on releasing lady bugs, even if it doesn't help much. Don't want to spray my flowering plants. Not taking any risks ^^
        The thrips are not a real problem anyway, as long as its not too much. I like to let nature do its work... But I add a bit of protection myself, like mosquito nets (vs bees/pollination and butterfly for instance) and greenhouse for rain/concentration of sun rays.

Okay so how old are yours exactly? And the one on the left of mine was actually indoors for about 30 days plus then I planted her outside. And the one on the right I pulled as a seedling and was intended to trash it and left it in a cup with some dirt in the corner and it never died but didn't grow either. Then I put it in the ground and that was about 3 weeks ago and it blew up into that monster. But the bushy girl has stayed relatively small. Been lstd topped and super cropped. Lol so they've still got some growing up to do. But just hoping for the best.

Comment

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Then I guess they will mostly look like mine very soon! It surprised me so much, it's beyond my expectations. I'll have to remove the greenhouse eventually, for the special kush, just started its flowering stretch... Not even sure it started, it's showing pre-flowers.
        The days are shown on the picture ^^ today is the day
        SK1: 76 days
        RB3: 73
        RAK: 75

Okay this is the plant on the left as a seedling. Took the photo on 4/25/17. So yeah like exactly 60+- days from seed. The one behind it is actually the plant on the right. It kind of dampened off and stopped growing at that point and it wasn't under direct light and no water for at least 3 weeks. Kinda just forgot about it cause I didn't even want it. Then she went in the ground and viola! 😂

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20170425_220026.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	2.55 MB
ID:	109427

Comment

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        They look more healty than mine haha! (special kush 1 was the only healthy seedling).
        How much sun do they get per day? direct sunlight? I'm pretty sure that's what made mine so tall, that and amendment of soil.

Idk I haven't calculated it exactly. But a pretty good amount. The first pic in this post was grown in the same spot as these now. So they should do good

Comment

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yeah! No tension You gonna have a good harvest!

Sure hope so! You as well man!! Good luck

Comment

• Minoo96
        Minoo96 commented
        Editing a comment
        Thanks , good luck to you too Let us know how it turns out!

• gps420
        gps420 commented
        Editing a comment
        Will do minoo

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X