Calmag=rolaids (no joke)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calmag=rolaids (no joke)

So I decided to try something I had read on a thread of another forum. This guy was stating he uses rolaids as a a calmag supplement (as long as you don't mind a light minty waft when watering). This hasn't affected any smells in the grow room, in fact I use coir so it's absolutely pertinent that I use calmag. This entire grow has been 100% successful using nothing but rolaids tabs! I began half a tab per gallon until the plants really started taking off. Once they were full blown veg dreams I dropped a whole crushed tablet per gallon. I haven't had a single deficiency and am very pleased to have great results. Just a shortcut for anyone in a pinch!
    I wanted to tell everyone just for the simple fact that I was a brand new grower at one point also. And in spite of myself I kept trying to no avail due to not having the proper necessities and just being over excited. I live rural with far and few between when it comes to hydro stores and generally cannot find nutrients or their supplements to save my life. So for the begginers or the ones like me stuck in the BFE it's a little trick I have picked up and wanted to share. Happy growing!
    Call a plant beautiful, and it becomes a flower. Call it ugly, and it becomes a weed."

-Jonathan Lockwood Huie-

Nice! I live about an hr away from the nearest hydro store and grow in soil but am currently trying out a bit of a coir type setup for some cucumbers and so far so good but calmag is a concern. Rolaids are just a 10min drive. I may just try it out thanks for the info

Comment

• SinsemillaScientist
      SinsemillaScientist commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a problem just be sure to only add what's needed though, I'm not sure of the effects of what might happen if too much is added? Like I said it's excellent in a pinch!

There are a lot of things that may possibly work instead of using accepted proven methods. I prefer to stock my nutrients for the entire grow prior to starting. That way I am giving the plants all they need and not giving them anything that I have no idea about. My 2c.
    completed 7 grows
    what I have learned so far:
    environment maters more than nutrients
    at least a dab of nutrients in every watering
    effective flushing before harvest is critical to quality

Comment

• Jason
      Jason commented
      Editing a comment
      Right. I don't experiment due to the time and effort for a grow. I know very little to nothing, so I just follow directions. First grow was a delightful success. I hope the second will be in about a month.

• SinsemillaScientist
      Editing a comment
      And to each his own, it's just something that helps in a pinch, I'm always experimenting (especially with bagseed) gives me a better understanding of the girls and my own growing style. Might be be a shortcut chaser but I like to know I have a plan b in case of anything, nutes going bad, spilliage, availability, etc...

wish I had known that about a month ago-- Also live in BFE with at least an hour drive to a decent nursery to get nutes-- and then they look at you a little sideways when you grab several items that are associated w/ growing weed-- I'm always interested in the "other" things that work-- plus I had a friggin roll in the closet when I needed them!!!

Comment

• SinsemillaScientist
      Editing a comment
      That's another reason why I love this shortcut. Literally everyone has suffered from and upset stomach in one for or another. And from further research today the way they process roads it's almost exactly the way the chelate minerals and nutrients in chemical nutes. So not only does it work it's also easily absorbed! It warms my heart as a man of social grace to have helped people like me needing an extra hand in the, "quick fix" department!

I'm sure this will come in handy for me at some point thanks for the info

Comment

Yes , great that's good to know in a jif. Thanks , you find some more tips bring em on I'm all ears.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Originally posted by Flockshot View Post
      There are a lot of things that may possibly work instead of using accepted proven methods. I prefer to stock my nutrients for the entire grow prior to starting. That way I am giving the plants all they need and not giving them anything that I have no idea about. My 2c.
      ME TOO! I even keep a full back up bottle of all three handy at all times! Delivery by Amazon has no shame. I have found growing can be expensive if done wrong , I want everything to go as planned. I WANT THE BEST BANG FOR THE BUCK!
      Last edited by dontknownuttin; 06-27-2017, 04:35 AM.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
      X