Harvest whole plant at once?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Harvest whole plant at once?

Hi, nearing the end of my first ever grow and would appreciate your wise words of wisdom out there.

Q1. I've got three about to harvest, one in particular is slightly smaller and has developed quicker. Would you harvest this whilst the others have a week or two left or would you just wait and harvest all together?

Q2. The big colas are closer to being ready than the buds lower down. Do you harvest the whole plant at once when top buds are ready, or would you wait until every bud plant is ready? I could leave bottom buds in flower and take off colas as another option but have no idea what is best?

Thanks

Hi man, you can easily cut the buds that are ready and let the rest ripe. Its perfectly normal
    I think that answered both questions?
    Inexperienced outdoor grower, near Switzerland. I have some theoretical knowledge and only a little bit of practice, hence take what I say with a grain of salt. Also I believe everyone has his own growing way.

Comment

• Whitewidowgrower
      Whitewidowgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Do you think I could dry my buds at the top of grow tent whilst the rest continues on 12/12? Exhaust etc will help get rid of smells and ventilation would be good for buds, the lights won't do any harm if the buds are above them will they?

• Minoo96
      Minoo96 commented
      Editing a comment
      Better in the dark from what I gathered, but then again you do with what you have! most important is the temperature, humidity. As long as light doesnt fall directly on the bud, it "should" be ok, but potency might be reduced a bit by it. I dried mine in a closet, door closed (it was the only room with optimal conditions), I just opened the door from time to time to check on it... Ventilation was ok like that. Didn't feel like it needed any fan or whatsoever.

I agree with Minoo I will be taking my top cola's today and leave the smaller stuff to finish up
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Whitewidowgrower
      Whitewidowgrower commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks. Do you think I could dry my buds at the top of grow tent whilst the rest continues on 12/12? Exhaust etc will help get rid of smells and ventilation would be good for buds, the lights won't do any harm if the buds are above them will they?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
X