No announcement yet.

Liberty Haze-Extreme Defoliation Grow Experiment In Pics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Structural support added to Critical Kush plus assistance with spacing....no LST using net even though still in stretch. Plan now is to just keep de-fol as required plus soon bring in a de-humid which I prefer to run through most of the flower stage due to how bloody wet this country is

Comment

Looking good PR. Hopefully you have a dehumidifier for the back end of flowering.

That plant in the front right has shot out some colas for sure!

Comment

• PaganRich
        PaganRich commented
        Editing a comment
        Nearly at the grow where I can relaxed a bit and just chill the breeze with a volcano

Liberty Haze at start of de-fol and introduction of guidance/ support net. Note: This is not a Scrogging attempt just time to move towards buds forming and space

Comment

• Charlie
        Charlie commented
        Editing a comment
        A forest of colas

Placed in tent and then net tie loosely in place....funnily enough I found this easier than a net in place for upward growth from start, for overall ease

Comment

Twenty fours hours on for Critical Kush being introduced to the net and post drinking a gallon of compost tea which is a powerhouse of nasal nasties, equivalent to a Cannabis version of Red Bull by the looks of it and 24 hrs post a de-fol as well

Comment

Photo #1 is Critical Kush-Organic teas seem to have given stronger stems, more so than the Liberty Hazes though this could be genetics. Netting actually hampered me so removed again...sigh...other photo`s are of the Liberty Haze which will probably need defoliating heavily again by 2 maybe 3 further days of growth...these are chemical nutrient plants but still growing well but not as I would have expected considering. Last photo is the dreaded fungal compost tea just entering day 2 and beginning to honk rather nicely but looking sinisterly like it`s alive

Comment

I have a question. What is the recovery time to get the plant back to the size it was before you defoliated it ?

Comment

• Green75
              Green75 commented
              Editing a comment
              The plant is the same size...you just have less fan leaves feeding off of it....still plenty of leaves to photosynthisize ...cutting results in repair/ faster growth..tighter nodes...let's light in...all good things

• PaganRich
              PaganRich commented
              Editing a comment
              Ah-ha, getting the hang of this now...this should be #53.2 hopefully

• ZigZag
              ZigZag commented
              Editing a comment
              Yeah PaganRich, that was something I noticed fro your photo sequences that the last and defoliation have definitely not only increased branching but also tighter internodes. Thanks for the information and photo sequences, looking good for sure. Are these photoperiod or auto plants your using the LST and defoliation on? I'm going to try this with a few autos on the next crop....going to pick some auto strains that are slower to develop so they have a bit more time to recover before flowering sets in.

To be honest I have had a slightly slower bounce back this time with the Liberty`s than the Critical however I did the 3 Liberty`s roughly together and wasn`t in the right mindset...bit rushed. In veg the bounce back to leaf up is almost instant, say 20 minutes, to defol again can be and has been as little as 4 days...most I`ve wait will be this time with the Liberty`s probably around 8-9 days but this pict shows then after 5 and it is requiring longer to fill out than before which may be due to the stretch going on at the same time...don`t know. However Critical was defoliated today and that was following the rough timeline of previous defols of 6 days. So Kingfish, 6 days from roughly week 2 onwards in veg stage and so far in flowering as well

Comment

A wonderful grow, well done. very impressive.

Comment

• PaganRich
                PaganRich commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Charlie...regards mate

Kingfish.....SECOND photo is just after trim and this new one FIRST was taken just now, 2 hours later and you can see that the immediate aftermath shows no detrimental adversity post trimming mate
              Last edited by PaganRich; 12-11-2016, 01:41 PM.

Comment

• PaganRich
                PaganRich commented
                Editing a comment
                Thanks Kingfish

No arguing with success my friend. They look great.

Comment

• PaganRich
                PaganRich commented
                Editing a comment
                Damn....can never figure where comments go....above mate

Well, what a day, bus took 90mins instead of the 50 (Bloody public transport), standing only on train for 1.5hrs, at least 20 heavily armed coppers plus 1 aged sniffer dog that looked like it was on a heavy dosage of Mogadon, at Paddington which I avoided like the plaque (Don`t like seeing the law armed but a sad necessity) and to top it all off on my little sojourn to the fair capital, the Underground had run out of tube trains....can you adam and eve it, they had to shut the whole soddin Piccadilly Line...no bloody tube trains....well, I was appalled to put it mildly and felt inclined to write and robustly complain to my MP but since he`s a wealthy, chauffeur driven Tory I see less milage in that than he gets out of his Bentley.However the reason for the above tirade is that due to being away on my somewhat epic journey I had the pleasure to open my tent upon returning. I had hit all my organics with just literal plain water which is rare, before they retired for the night. A gallon per plant-7 plants. The results today were impressive, bless them. The folowing pics are: 1-2) Critical Kush-This was defoliated yesterday and looks truly beautiful today 3) Liberty Haze-a little leggy but that`s okay as I`m trying to increase height slightly and possibly 2 days maybe 3 before a trim and 4) part of my `wild garden` area in my tent where I do very little to be honest, let them just go for it. There was an attempt at LST but after I became confused as to which was which, long story involving a volcano and a `bright idea`, I just drifted away from them and kinda allowed them to party on their own

Comment

• ZigZag
                ZigZag commented
                Editing a comment
                Yeah, those trips to the land of the "Volcano" can lead to some chill couch time for sure. Easier to just say "heck_ I'll get to that mañana". Cheers!

PR, my friend, the plants are exploding!

Sorry to hear about your troubles today, I'm glad the girls straightened you out.

Comment

Looking awesome...

Comment

Hi Pagan
                  Paddington, piccadilly, You sound like a agatha christy movie. Glad you have those girls to come home to , you're doing beautifully.
                  Bubblehead
                  4x4 Gorilla Tent 600 watt hps and Veg Tent T5 Fluorescence
                  4 Cures and a Life time gardener
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...ze-these-leafs
                  http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...female-56-days

Comment

• PaganRich
                    PaganRich commented
                    Editing a comment
                    To be honest, when the bus driver got out of his cab and asked which fork to take there nearly was a murder. When we arrived at the bus station I don`t know who was in a fouler mood; him or his passengers?

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                X