No announcement yet.

The Ganja Ged Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well yay, insurance approved my cognitive meds! Hopefully they'll have them in stock at wallyworld.
    The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

Thats good news GG I got a letter from SS the other day saying the group I get paid from is ending Sept first ,real vague letter and the number they gave to call was a machine and panic was setting in and I kept calling the machine finally said the group was ending not my benefits,why the hell couldn't they put that in the letter. anyways this last grow I started giving my Gorilla glue just water and molasses at week 8 then just water right before I harvested them, I think i will do that from now on the molasses makes the buds sweet while the plants use up all available nutes I just don't know if it would work on your set up
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Started the flush on the soils today. Needed watering and it was a straight water day anyways, lol. I'm gonna let them go as long as they will with the stored energy. Hopefully it will be enough to get me to a good harvest point!

Found some new shelves for the Ebb and Flow trays! I also found a reservoir that fits perfect which lets me drop another 6" lower to gain some head room. I'm switching trays down to 2x1.5 instead of the 3x1.5's I originally had. This will give me some room to deal with the res and such as needed.

New tent got pushed back a week or 2, had to help one of the kids through an issue, lol.

The nursery plants are mostly good. The only issue is Wonder Woman #1 is on the second set of leaves, but it's like the leaf stems are fused or something. It basically boils down to there appears to be no growth tip for the 3rd set... I'll get some pics up tonight or tomorrow? Anyone familiar with this happening?

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          GGed, all the plans sound good. And you are so generous to take time away from weed for family!!! Just kidding: of course you'd be there for your kids!!!

I hear ya GG my kids are 37 and 34 and its always something, my son doesn't ask for anything because his sister is always asking lol, I have a separate savings just for her emergencies lol , she has 5 kids so there are alot and I always help if its for the grand kids. GG I understand the concept of the fnd table but just cant picture it in my mind do you have a diagram of a system
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

This is the graphic from GWE. It kind of shows the overflow "stack" wrong. If the water is going over it like that somethings wrong, most likely a clog or the overflow is too small. Also the plants sit on the table not suspended.

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

Comment

thanks GG that helped alot now I at least have a idea what your doing (you know us jar heads little slow on the uptake lol) I like the concept my friend grows hydro and he has lots of issues and uses way more nutes than I do but he gets increadable buds .I've managed to get close to his buds in dirt and I have half the problems so for now i'm good

Comment

• GanjaGed
              GanjaGed commented
              Editing a comment
              I'll likely write a bunch about it with the next grow Well actually starting with the next grow, I honestly don't see me abandoning the system ever, upgrading and adding accessories for sure, but the basic system will always be there.

looking forward to it, if no no when I clean out the rest of the back cellar, maybe I will try it

Comment

The first grow is winding down now so time to take a look at how things went.

Even though I haven’t harvested yet, currently flushing, I can any day, so short of some disaster I’ve managed to bring the plants to harvest and that is success. Weight for this grow doesn’t matter. I’m sure I’ll weigh it but yield wasn’t the focus for this grow, getting plants to harvest in an entirely upgraded set-up including first time Hydro-DWC, LED lights, Tent, well everything actually.

So what did I learn?

First off, that I made the right decision making GWE my general guide and resource and that making the GWE community my home. This wouldn’t have happened without all involved, from tutorials to tips and suggestions, support, shared knowledge, it all comes together here. Thank you all.

I’m not sure I can quantify what I learned on this grow, the entire grow was a learning process as knowledge moved into application.Everything I thought I knew was right, and at the same time wrong, if that makes any sense. For example: I was correct I would need CalMag but I was wrong about what order to add it. I knew how to water and let dry but I learned how to properly manage watering and feeding amounts. But even more than the mechanics of growing I learned about myself and how to adjust to my situation.

I learned that I can find and that it’s ok, for some peace and happiness after Jeanette’s passing, and I can find it even in the chaos of my condition. From seed to bowl, cannabis has become a central part of my life, a cornerstone in my attempt to maintain as high a quality of life as I can for as long as I can.

Anyways, enough hippie crap, lol.

Overall I’m very happy with how the grow turned out. Though I’m happy to be done with soil, at least for now, it’s bittersweet. Nothing replaces the smell of well tended soil, or the feel of it. It’s one of those primal things, an ancestral memory, as old as our species, damn hippies! If it’s legalized here while I’m able I will have a small outdoor grow, just a plant or two will be fine. But Hydro is better suited for me all things considered.

There’s really not much more to say for the soil grow, it went well, esp. for 3 plants that were never intended to be harvested or thrown into flower much earlier than they should have. My focus lately has all been on Hydro, Ebb&Flow specifically.

I’m glad I ran the DWC, it’s an excellent growing system, it just “isn’t me” is the best way I can put it. That really is the extent of my issue with it, it just doesn’t feel right for me. I learned a lot from running it, and with all of GWE made it to harvest! I may have to cut them early, a late flower deficiency/PH issue wrecked havoc on the leaves and they are yellowing fast. Watching the buds and trichs, so I can cut before any actual damage occurs. I’ll forgive myself for some less than picture perfect looking buds.

There’s still a lot to learn about all aspects of growing, and I love it.

So what’s next?

Well, after these are out of the tent, or the second tent gets here, I’ve got 6 seedlings ready to go. The new thread for that will actually be my Garden thread as I’ll likely have it going from now on. I hope to maintain it for a long time, and share it with anyone who decides to read through, even if to learn what not to do.

Got the camera out today and think I’ve figured out how to take a basic picture… lol. So I’ll get some up tomorrow.

I’ve been writing this for like 3 days because the new meds are just wiping me out. I sleep from midnight - 3am till 8- 9 am, nap at 10 till noon for meds, napping again by after 4 and meds up around 6-7 then I usually can make it till bed….

They said maybe 2 weeks for the right buildup in the blood and to adjust to the effects… I do think I can tell, at least it feels like I can focus and access things a little better, might be wishful thinking though.

It’s strange because everyone always says “forgets” or “memory loss” but that’s not exactly what is happening, or at least as I can understand the Dr’s. The memories are there, but the disease makes it so the brain can’t communicate so you can’t access the memories.

Kinda funny right on the label it says This is not a cure, stay under Dr’s care. If it works it can buy me up to 2 years of symptom suppression, but when it’s done I’ll be much worse off than now. Progression will continue just mostly unnoticed.

Anyways, I been a bit scarce but I’m still here and doing fine. Ready to get the next run started!

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                GGed, that is a great write-up. You can't help it if you're an old hippie, so let your freak flag fly!!!

I also find, like you, that this community soothes a special place in my heart that was left empty after a death in the family. It's almost a utopian kind of experience: this is the one place I can go on a daily basis and know that I'll be understood and treated with kindness and friendliness, where I can share with others who have the same passion for our hobby. I've never had cyber-relationships before, and they are fun and rewarding!

• oldjarhead100
                oldjarhead100 commented
                Editing a comment
                after my coma I was surprised to find out how much memory I lost ,my wife will tell a story and its like it never happened , I dont remember alot of good times but why cant I forget the stuff I dont want to remember, You are right GG about the forum, it is so nice to be able to talk with others that have the same hobby I've learned alot from the forum and hopefully helped a few alone the way and the best part I met some very increadable/ interesting people well I need to get moving I have a 930 appt with the va shrink not looking forward to that but it seems to help, I haven't killed the B next door lol never thought about the dog Its not his fault and I love dogs. have a great day all

As promised some pics

and of course

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

• Aloner
                Aloner commented
                Editing a comment
                I'm pulling for White Widow #2 -- who doesn't love an underdog?

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                Widow #2 and Wonder #1

Widow #2 is just freaking amazing, lol. I wish I had of taken a pic of it in the paper towel. it was so tiny, yet so perfect in color and form. It literally got pushed out of the seed by Widow #1 and was a tiny fully formed seedling, green cotyledons and white tap root, but only about 1/2" big or smaller. I wasn't even sure I had enough plant to get into a rooter.

Wonder #1 had an issue on the 2nd leaf set. The stems of the 2nd set "fused" together and the leaves were like a first set, single blade. After a couple days of the plant seeming stuck, I gently went to see if I could separate the stems and the whole damned thing just split back to the first set. There was no growth tip or anything. After that, it's perking along like a normal topped plant. Hell once the messed up top was gone it didn't delay in growing.

First time for either of those situations for me so already an interesting grow.

Delighted to witness your next grow of passion!!!
              Thank you for being so generous with your time and effort to post- most remarkable. Eager to witness your coming process.
              a note- a biased note-could be offensive to some..too bad put the damned seed pointy end down into the root riot or rapid rooter slightly moistened with pH 6 water, give it a little squeeze on the top and into: What ever you choose next- netty pots? One step to saving the incident of root exposure. I think the paper towel syndrom creates more work for the germination / seedling process.
              There..I said it!
              Wish you well & 🤗 hugs
              Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
              Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
              GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
              photoperiod feminized seeds
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
              http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                I agree it is more work, but for whatever reason I just seem to have a lot of problems going directly to rooters. Seeds straight into soil, no issue, lol. Paper towel and let them pop out or mostly out of the seed, no problem whatever I do with them.

Part of it is I clone way more than I pop seeds and when I do seeds I always fret and stress until they're up and on the 2nd set.

Actually I moved away from net pots, at least for the moment. All of these have an empty rooter down into the flood level with the seedlings rooter sitting on top of it. The wicking action keeps the seedling perfect. For the first 4 days or so I just a couple cups of solution and wet the surrounding LECA twice a day.

My next seeds I'm going to take 1 and use cheesecloth. Take a long piece and put one end down in the flood zone, cover with LECA about an inch or two then lay the next section of cloth over the LECA covering the whole space, cover with LECA, and continue up to the top. The idea being to wick up into all the LECA and let the plant use the maximum amount of the container for roots.

One of the things I really want to see with this grow is how different the roots use the smartpots between the 1 and 2 gallon sizes.

Eventually I'll add drippers but for a while there are some other things ahead of that

All that to say, I agree, lol. For me it's just a matter of what works for me currently and now that I'm dealing with current seeds costing $10+ each instead of old seeds I don't remember the cost of, fewer problems are better

So what do you do when the connection is dry and will be for a while, you're almost out of stash and your grow isn't quite ready to harvest and you still have dry/cure time to go?

EXPERIMENT!!!

I've been curious about Water Curing so it seems like as good a time to do a small trial as any. So I cut a branch from a Hydro and from Momma, lets see how this goes over the next couple of days

In this situation, taste/smell isn't as important as staying off the damned pain meds, so here's hoping.

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

And the Hydro branch

I left a bit more leaf to see any difference. I think my hads were shaking a bit more on these pics, lol

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

Comment

never heard of water curing before this is going to be interesting

Comment

• Aloner
                    Aloner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I'm watching with interest. And if the odor part is true it would be cool to set aside part of the harvest and make a "stealth stash" for special occasions.

• GanjaGed
                    GanjaGed commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Not only that but my thought is it might make for great edibles, letting the actual butter or whatever have an unadulterated taste.

• Aloner
                    Aloner commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Excellent point!

First water change, didn't notice any water discoloration, though apparently I should have. I only had some filtered water last night so the PPM's were a bit high which may account for that. I have distilled now so we'll see.

PPMs in old water rose ~100 and PH dropped .0.4

Buds feel fine still firm, no waterlogged mush. Color looks about same.

Now I haven't seen anyone actually test PPM's and PH during this which kind of baffles me, so I'm checking At worst it'll tell me nothing but could provide some insight on the process.

It is reminiscent of putting vegetables in water after cutting to keep fresh and crisp. I can't help but think there's a temp range that is optimal, but I'll stick with room temp for this try.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                  Water Curing Experiment
                  My E&F System

Comment

Man....! I'm intrigued!
                    I harvested last night out of necessity. Today the landlord is coming over with a contractor to measure windows and siding. Maybe should've put her under water.lol
                    "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                    X