X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alltatup

TY and not at all

Know the song very well

I'm a rocker, I like music from ABBA to Zeppelin, Doo-wop to Rap. Certainly I have my favorite genres and bands and then those that are not everyday listening. Good music is good music! Of course I use the term "rocker" from when it was about individuality, outlook and attitude, not are you wearing the right clothes and hair etc.

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
    Water Curing Experiment
    My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

I love it....!...

We have everything from Breakfast in America to 100 miles and runin'....Misfits to Brooks & Dunn. Irish drinking music to ska-punk and just about everything in between. I even get in the mood for foreign music I have no clue what they are singing about. Lol
      "Life is not about being dealt a great hand but playing a poor hand well"...

•Roots Organics over kindsoil in 5gal fabric pots

•600w hps supplement w/Kind LEDs during flower

•4" can-fan w/can-filter(carbon)

•14,000btu air conditioner

Comment

Think I'll just stay here in my little thread, less likely to fuck up, lol.

Finally got my increased Dopamine, but my new memory helper is "in deliberation" apparently they don't consider it medically necessary. Which it isn't I suppose, all it does is buy me up to 2 years of cognitive help. QoL only I suppose, Heh, apparently it'll be up to 30 days before they decide.

Flower tent looking good.

White Widow seedling dampened off, but the 2 Wonder Woman are going strong. IF there is anything else going on pre-veg, it's covert I can't take posting more tragedy, roflmao.

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I LOVE Iggy!!!!!!!

GanjaGed I have a kush seed trying to damp off too. Ph in the sprouter is 6.5. Same sprouter as last time. Same water source ph'd the same. I don't get it. It was a freebie.
        Oh well such as life. I'll give it another couple days and try another.

Cheers Californiakid

Comment

After the cat attack it's amazing it lived any length of time. However it didn't die in vain! I was having a problem controlling the moisture on the plug in the F&D just kept getting to wet or drying to fast. While I was dealing with the corpse I realized there was a simple solution, beyond hand watering. Take an empty plug and put it in the smartpot so that the plug is about halfway submerged, backfill with LECA, set the seedlings rooter on top of the buried plug and backfill. The wicking is perfect for a flood every 6 hrs. It just happens that for my set up it puts the top of the rooter right at the top of the 2gal smartpot which is fantastic.

I got the 2 Wonder Woman seedlings set like that now. So nice.

Being the first time dealing with seeds in hydro I think it threw me for a loop. Everything felt very clumsy and out of sorts. Which just upset me more because I'm looking at the cost and the dead and thinking, I could just throw these out on the lawn and they'd grow... Just how bad am I? LOL. Took me a while to realize things were different, and I was doing something brand new for me as I have only cloned for for hydro, seeds have always been in soil and I've never problems like this before.

It's so funny that Wonder Woman #1 was so tiny and frail I wasn't sure she'd make it and now shes the sole survivor of the original 4.

Hope yours comes around Cali! If not the next will make up for it

The Ganja Ged Thread
          Water Curing Experiment
          My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
            alltatup commented
            Editing a comment
            What does that mean, a seedling "dampened off"? Just that it died?

• oldjarhead100
            oldjarhead100 commented
            Editing a comment
            yes alltatup it gets really soft right at the soil level or rooter level and just dies

• GanjaGed
            GanjaGed commented
            Editing a comment
            That's my understanding and use. Kind of a blanket term for when there is no obvious immediate reason for it to die.

I'll pop two in her place if she don't. 👍

Comment

GG I just remembered this last time I started seeds I gave them a little voodoo juice for there roots and it seemed to help the roots blew though the rooter I know long roots are needed quickly with hydro but not much more lol
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
              alltatup commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm gonna try that on my upcoming germination.

• GanjaGed
              GanjaGed commented
              Editing a comment
              Yea I hear that. This is what I get for not having a plan. I can't just free-wheel anymore, lol.

Well, made a compromise but one that will be better, hopefully lol

The plan was to get a new grow started using a few different GH additives and in Sept to get another tent. Gonna skip on the additives this run, well except Armor Si and Cal Mag, and get the tent next week. The cats are driving me insane, lol. and I can't keep up with them.

The Ganja Ged Thread
            Water Curing Experiment
            My E&F System

Comment

GG i told you they just want to get stoned too, lots of cat nip I cut a few stems from one of my cat nip bushes and gave it to my neighbor she said her cats were rolling around on the floor holding the cat nip in there paws like they were having sex with it lol
              new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                I never realized it, but you are absolutely correct: they just wanna get high, too!!

• GanjaGed
                GanjaGed commented
                Editing a comment
                It seems that Jeanette and I tried that with them once just to see the reaction and they were totally uninterested, but I should probably try it again, lol. I'd be really curious what a branch from the flowering plants cut off and placed with the veg plants would do. He, Pudge, has zero interest in the flowering plants, he doesn't even look in the tent since the buds formed. Fortunately Gus and Socks have no interest in any of them, though Gus is fascinated by the F&D when it kicks on.

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                But their drug of choice is catnip!! ;-}

So with the current F&D set-up I have about 2' of vertical grow space 1' for training and 1' for stretch, and 3'x3' horizontal grow space, a bit less to stay off walls but close enough. Going to look into a lower res that will still hold enough depth for the pump before making the final versions of the trays, I'd like to gain another 6" or more if possible.

Seedlings seem to be going good. A bit stretchy but most of that is me trying to find the right height for LED I've got it at 18 now, guess I'll try 12", I just don't want to fry the little things, I'd rather deal with some early stretch over killing them.

Flower tent should be finishing up by the end of the month I think.

The Ganja Ged Thread
              Water Curing Experiment
              My E&F System

Comment

No pics lately, sorry. I'll try to fix that tomorrow.

Finally getting adjusted to the increased meds I think.

The 2 Wonder Woman seedlings are working on leaf set #2 finally. The tent is full of beautiful orange hairs and the buds are stacking nicely. I love growing even starting seedlings, lol.

And the F&D is great. It's exactly whatever was missing from DWC for me. More than just a change from soil, it just feels right to me. Looking forward to putting the final unit together and adding some attachments. The nice thing is these test units work great so no hurry to replace, I can find exactly what I want.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Glad the F&D is working out so well; wanna see pictures!!!!!!!!!!!!

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  But only if pics are not a total pain in the butt to post.

• Tika
                  Tika commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yea me too...love growing and especially germinating!
                  Continue on with your fine work!!!!

Sorry for the poor quality, just used the old IPOD today

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Lovely, absolutely lovely!!!!!

• GanjaGed
                  GanjaGed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thanks Tat, nothing compared to your's but I'm working at it

White Widow #2 is the interesting one. It's so tiny it's hard to see. I had soaked the seeds then paper toweled them and the Widow seep spit out 2 seedlings! Well it actually spit out #2 super tiny no shell and fully opened. So I popped it in a rooter and figured let's see what the miracle child has to offer, lol.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  TWINS!!!! Cool beans!

GG whats with the tie around the rooter cubes ?

Comment

• GanjaGed
                  GanjaGed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I slice the rooter like a hotdog bun to lay the sprout in and the seed cap above, then I put a loose twisty tie just to hold it together. It's really not needed just a precaution in case I decide to juggle them or something, lol.

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Actually GGed, it's a good idea, because when I make that slice and lay the hot dog, er, seed in, I worry about the root being exposed to light. I will remember that trick. The juggling is a good idea, too. But only before they germinate.

• oldjarhead100
                  oldjarhead100 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  great idea GG I slice mine as well but they fit in trays that are made for root riots or rooters ,I will have to try that today I have to plant so seeds I dropped Monday they were showing a little yesterday but I just didnt have time so today is a must, Im off to help a friend harvest this morning so they will just have to sit quietly until this afternoon lol

Guesses on how long to go? lol

I'm itching to take a bud for testing, lol, all in the name of science, really! Trying to pinpoint when to flush is a bit tricky, lol.

The Ganja Ged Thread
                Water Curing Experiment
                My E&F System

Comment

• GanjaGed
                  GanjaGed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I'm thinking a week, couple days longer on the soils and a couple days on the DWC.

That seem about right?

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I say that if you haven't been over-feeding, that sounds good. Reading Rosenthal's new book, and while he doesn't come right out and say Flushing is unnecessary, he does point out that there are no peer-reviewed studies proving its efficacy, and that lots of growers produce top shelf buds without flushing.

• GanjaGed
                  GanjaGed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Full str CalMag, 1/2 str GH Trio, no other supplements.

The little bud I snipped last week was "green" harsh but no chemical taste. I should be good. Maybe I'll do the little soils for a week+ and momma 2 weeks+. just to be safer with the larger harvest.

Hmm, Good amount of cloudy but still some clear. I saw at least one amber. I was trying How about start the flush when most are cloudy? Another week maybe?
                4X4 Gorilla with Solar Storm 440 LED. Coco / perlite, 5 Gallon fabric containers. LST and scrog. Grows to date all Indica Dominant Hybrids

2018 Grow Journal Here -->> (Blackjack, Super Skunk, Critical CBD)

2017 Grow Journal Here -->> (AK 48, Wonder Woman, Master Kush)

Comment

• GanjaGed
                  GanjaGed commented
                  Editing a comment
                  That's close to my thought, I'd like to have them all done by the end of the month, first week of Sept. I'm gonna look real close at flushing the 2 small soils, then momma a lkittle later and see where the hydro is. Interestingly as flowering has developed the hydros are pretty much right up with the soils. I wish I could pinpoint what happened in transition that slowed them down.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X