No announcement yet.

tricomes and kief

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

9fingerleafs Hi good morning. I seriously think the hardest part of growing is taking those damn trichome pictures. I got to figure out to to keep it completely still. Anyway, here are the pictures you requested. Is it time to start flushing?

Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-11-C99-Mother-4.JPG
Views:	162
Size:	377.5 KB
ID:	115077Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-11-C99-Mother-3.JPG
Views:	171
Size:	381.6 KB
ID:	115078Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-11-C99-Mother-2.JPG
Views:	161
Size:	358.4 KB
ID:	115076Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-11-C99-Mother-1.JPG
Views:	160
Size:	343.3 KB
ID:	115075Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-11-C99-Mother-Tri-1.JPG
Views:	166
Size:	176.0 KB
ID:	115079Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-11-C99-Mother-Tri-3.JPG
Views:	183
Size:	196.6 KB
ID:	115072Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-11-C99-Mother-Tri-4.JPG
Views:	241
Size:	146.8 KB
ID:	115073Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-11-C99-Mother-Tri-2.JPG
Views:	170
Size:	215.6 KB
ID:	115074

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Wonderful pics. I think it is time to flush. It looks fairly ready and the trichomes have a couple more weeks to go. Still no amber at all

• growdc
      growdc commented
      Editing a comment
      Do you guys flush coco coir with plain pH'ed tap water? Or pH'ed RO water? Do you flush agent stuff like Flawless Finish by AN or clearex by botanicare? How long do u flush?

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      I grow in soil so I water with very very low ppm water (like RO) for the last few weeks. When a good flush is needed I go crazy with the amount of water but the soil keeps releasing nutrients and dissolving with the water and bacteria in the roots. Using coco you should use RO water and the plant should respond faster than with soil cause they're not anymore nutrients in the coco

9fingerleafs Sorry to resurrect this thread. I was wondering if you have problems with the buttons on your microscope? My snap button doesn't work, and the software doesn't even have a shortcut to take a picture. So it's really difficult for me to snap a steady picture while having reach down to the laptop etc.... and who knows what that zoom button does cuz it doesn't seem to do anything either.

Just wondering if I got a defective model and should e-mail the guy or do is there something I'm missing???

Comment

• growdc
      growdc commented
      Editing a comment
      Currently, my only portable is a windows 10 laptop. I use the ampcam software and I'd have to go to the menu, capture, take picture. No short cut or anything. So it's so cumbersome trying to keep the damn microscope steady. I have a tripod, but I have no idea how to a fix it to it so it doesn't move. I've tried rubber bands and zip ties. Maybe some one can take a picture of how they stick it to their tripod also? I just e-mailed the ebay seller..... we'll see what he replies.

• 9fingerleafs
      9fingerleafs commented
      Editing a comment
      Just like aloner I use photo boot on mac. I don't even know what's in the CD that came with the microscope. I downloaded tons of programs to take pictures with and then compared size and definition and the photo boot is the best

• Aloner
      Aloner commented
      Editing a comment
      Not a perfect solution, but I rubberbanded mine to the tripod's handle. I'll post below because, annoyingly, you can't add pictures to comments, only replies.

Thanks guys, I'll have to find a Windows program then. Since none of your snap buttons work, I can assume it's just there for show. LOL. Thanks again. One picture I took a week ago it seems totally ready for flushing, and this picture, same bud area, now looks not so ready. Not sure if it's because it's shaky and it makes it look cloudy. I hope I'm not flushing too early.

\Click image for larger version

Name:	2017-07-15-C99-Mother-Trichome.jpg
Views:	161
Size:	405.0 KB
ID:	116743

Comment

Jerry-rigged ftw!
      My first grow

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
        9fingerleafs commented
        Editing a comment
        Hahaha nice. I need to try something like this

• growdc
        growdc commented
        Editing a comment
        HA!! @Aloner!! I was trying to mount it on the camera mount itself. Never thought of using the handle!! Thanks!!!

Hey all, got an update for you guys on the microscope. I e-mailed the seller on ebay and there is an additional driver that makes the snap and zoom buttons work. They e-mailed me the driver and as far as I can see it was only for Windows. So, might be worthwhile to e-mail the seller and see if they have a mac version. Though all the install wording are in chinese, but the snap does work.

Now I just got to figure out how to scroll the magnification smoother. Do you all find it too tight, like too sticky to fine tune?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Tue Jul 18 07-46-02.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	181.9 KB
ID:	117458

Comment

• Aloner
        Aloner commented
        Editing a comment
        It's a little tight but not terrible. But yeah, it's like: frame subject, focus, get subject back in frame, fine-tune the focus, get subject back in frame, repeat 5 more times, snap picture.

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
    X