No announcement yet.

alltatup GROW 4: Blk Dom, WW, C99

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what a relief when they start drinking again isn't it . so I tried that app. yesterday I couldn't figure out how to take a picture with it I did manage to save a image somewhere lol. any suggestions . there is no doubt in my mind that those girls are going to fill the room with big fat kola's
    new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
    current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      OJH, press the italicized i in the upper right-hand corner; that tells you what the functions are, how to freeze an image, take a pic, save it, etc.

Morning Alltatup, I'm pretty sure you don't have to worry about not having lots of big ,beautiful buds with your plants. I bet your students turn out to be very smart productive people having a great teacher like you ,one that actually cares for their wellbeing, back in my school days we didn't have teachers like you, looking at my grandkids homework and lessons I don't think that there is that many good ones that care now. But I might be wrong.
    Cfls for a week or two
    315lec for everything else
    Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      Nah, I think you're right. Most professors seem to take the attitude of "I teach a subject matter, I don't teach students." But we all should know that the ages of 18-24 or so are some of the hardest years in a person's life--that transition out of childhood and the family home into life on your own, etc.--and this is when they need good mentors so much!! So I try to be as holistic of a teacher as I can. So yes, I deeply care about the young humans I teach, rather than academic research interests. So many profs complain about how students waste their precious research time. I say, lock them in their ivory tower and don't let them out.

Besides, my primary research interest right now is cannabis--for real. this is my research passion.

• oldjarhead100
      oldjarhead100 commented
      Editing a comment
      I remember the good teachers I had not the bad heres a chuckle I was in lowes the other day and almost walked into a box of yard sticks and my first thought was yup thats about how many were broken over my hands lol

• alltatup
      alltatup commented
      Editing a comment
      oldjarhead100 Now that's old school: whacking hands with yardsticks!!!

Great news I love it.
    Cfls for a week or two
    36x36x63 inch tent.
    Smart pots
    Molasses
    Autoflowers

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	560.1 KB
ID:	116386Click image for larger version

Name:	
Views:	0
Size:	613.1 KB
ID:	116387

Starting what I would call around week four since first signs of pre-flowers appeared. The first pic. is of one of C99's leaves from two weeks ago, when the nute lockout occurred, next to one of today's trimmed leaves. She bounced right back. She also smells amazing: I have the feeling that I am really going to like C99. She is putting out lots of triches (tall girl in back).

WW is also doing well, smells fantastic. Can't wait.

One of the Black Dominas (two in front) has lagged behind the other by about a week-10 days and has finally developed buds. So I will definitely be harvesting in stages.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Waiting to see how those C99 girls turn out, got me thinking maybe I should try a few of them next time. I just got an order of seeds and got a complimentary pack of C99.....hmmmmm....is there a way to double my grow space?....LOL with that!....decisions to be made. Got time to wait and see how yours turn out_ looking real nice!

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        alltaup_ sorry for getting off track. I noticed earlier you're using some of the Advanced Nutrients products. I've also used the VooDoo juice and feet it does help, as well as combining with the White Shark. That stuff costs $ but it sure lasts long. Have you used the VooDoo Juice the first two weeks of flowering_ as suggested? I just started using it and have only for beginning of veg. Also you commented that you use the flawless finish when you flush_ that sounds interesting...think its worth a try? I have always been doing a plain water flush every week or two but never added anything to it.
        You're posts are much appreciated_ thanks and happy growing!

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        ZigZag I used Voodoo for first 2 weeks of veg and again in flower, and I've used Great White all the way through the grow. I have by far and away the hugest root mass on my sativa plant that I've ever seen, but she has been growing for close to 5 months. I'm impressed with the root growth on these four plants, so I will keep using these products; don't mess with success. Voodoo and the other AN root inoculants like Pirhana and Tarantula last a long time because you only use them for 4 weeks total in a grow.

I like the Great White because I don't have to worry about it expiring, and it also lasts a long time. You can find good deals on eBay.

Finally, if you go to AN website and read what they have to say about Flawless Finish, it sounds very good. I like AN because I have called them a few times, and they are very knowledgeable about cannabis. They always answer my questions to my satisfaction.
        Make your final flush before harvest count with Advanced Nutrients Flawless Finish — then sit back, relax and taste the results for yourself!

alltatup thanks, while we're on me the subject. As I add nutes my ph drops then comes back up over a week or so. Just started staying the same after I switched to flower. Ph stays around 6 and doesn't budge. Just interesting wonder if the different nutes are making a difference or the defol?
      Bubbleponics
      Advanced platinum 450w
      Foxfarms big bloom , tiger bloom , grow big
      hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Capncanna Don't know how I missed this the other day. How could defol affect pH? That's over my head...

Interjecting here-hope you don't mind-I have found that YES-nutrients in their various mixtures for stages of growth effect pH. Defoliation can stress the plant a bit (done properly) but don't know if effects pH-I rather doubt it.
      I know nothing about Bubbleponics but have-HUGE admiration for you that do it,
      Best Regards to your grow
      Indoor- Coco coir & Perlite - 5 gal Smart pots
      Veg-T5s Flower- Platinum LEDS
      GH Flora Trio Cali-mag, Terpinator Liquid Bloom
      photoperiod feminized seeds
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-journal.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...o-May-2017.pdf
      http://www.growweedeasy.com/sites/gr...ow-Journal.pdf

Testing for the_honeysticks genetics

Comment

• ZigZag
        ZigZag commented
        Editing a comment
        Thats for sure. last time and with the new grow I just started I'm using nutrients that are suppose to PH themselves_ specifically for coco....it seems to work if you get the A & B mixed perfectly even and start with water at a PH of between 5 and 7....then it settles in at about 5.8- 6.2. BUT it doesn't stay steady for more than 2-3 days when stored in a container. The PH continues to rise to whatever it was before the nutrients were added. I didn't realize this at first and ended up having issues with my newborns. Fixed that now and things have improved significantly. Cheers to all.

• Tika
        Tika commented
        Editing a comment
        I'll say this and stand by it...no product is pH regulated. If YOUR pH is where you wAnt it to be then it is by your doing.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes, Tika, I agree with you: using the pH perfect trio from AN doesn't stabilize my pH. I don't know if that's because I'm not using the Grow along with the Micro and Bloom, but my sativa got nitrogen toxicity a couple of months back using all three during flower (as suggested by AN).

Thanks Tika it's such a great learning experience. Tomorrow is res change and also a new nute schedule. So on to a new week of growing.
      Bubbleponics
      Advanced platinum 450w
      Foxfarms big bloom , tiger bloom , grow big
      hydroguard

​​​​​​​

Comment

hey all,
        2nd grow in dwc, gh trio base nutes, rapid start for roots, koolbloom liquid n powder, terpinator.

i have found that in the earlier veg stages when ppms are below about 850, the ph flux is fairly minimal. but when the plants are big and hungry and ppms are 900+ the flux is crazy for 2-3 days then stabilizes. but...by that time i have already diluted 20% by topping off with plain water.
        so maybe concentration has a bit to do with the ph flux in dwc, which bubbleheads already know is a bit dicey at times by nature, lol.

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Good info, harvester; thanks!

• Capncanna
          Capncanna commented
          Editing a comment
          Harvester thanks . That's exactly what happened I was topping off with plain water now I'm topping off with nute water. 💡

Morning alltatup I dont grow dwc so I'm just along for the read lol will pipe up when I have something to add
        new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
        current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          Pipe up, pipe down, whatever you feel like!!!

Air stones whack the hell out of PH, another factor in me going E&F. I had a hell of a time dealing with PH when I used my tap water, switched to RO and pretty smooth sailing, nice upwards drift that pretty much ends the week at 6.2-6.5 from a 5.5-5.8 start. I haven't touched PH Up or Down since the switch to RO, The GH Nutes and Cal Mag put it right about where it should be and since I run a 1/2 strength solution I have some play room and add a little of this or that to adjust the PH. Same during daily check ups, adjust PPM's and PH with nutes after topping off with plain RO. My plant's seem to love it, no nute burn or deficiencies It's almost like they tell me what they need if I just listen right, lol. But then again, I might have a couple of sticks in a bucket and be hallucinating that I'm growing, lol. Dementia, it's a whole new world every day :P.

Interestingly I stopped using Hydroguard type products, and that seemed to help too. I don't run chillers or use frozen bottles, etc. so I can't comment if those have any effect.

Beautiful plants Tat!

The Great and Secret Garden Indoor-Hydro-LED-Perpetual

The Ganja Ged Thread
        Water Curing Experiment
        My E&F System

If you get confused, listen to the music play!

Comment

• GanjaGed
          GanjaGed commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea I had that residue with Hydroguard also. Since I stopped us my water is nice and clean and no dirty res.

Though I do wonder how much the UV in the LED helps with that.

And now that I'm learning how to utilize H2O2 in more ways that will be another layer of prevention. The plants are taking the H2O2 Foliage spray well, nothing adverse noted so far.

Next is aspirin, lol

• Capncanna
          Capncanna commented
          Editing a comment
          After I used the sledgehammer flush it also cleared up the great white sludge. Not 100% but 90 or so. Foams like mad , run it for an hour then out. Interesting .

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I have to learn about these teas!! My new learning for today was SOG: I did it on this grow, but I never knew the definition of it. Tomorrow: teas!

These are looking gorgeous also lmao everybodys on here has some awesome plants
        DWC/hydroton clay pellets600w digital/dimmable ballast,
        250w MH veg,400w HPS flowering,floratrio nute schedule ,48*32*60 grow tent,
        current grow: feminized blue wizard
        http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...c-grow-journal

Comment

• Graff420
          Graff420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Shit idk im a vary violent person with a vary fucked up past but sence i started growing iv stoped doing dumb shit idk it makes me feel great i feel like my plants forreal love me and it makes me feel all fuzzy inside but the plants are just like a woman to little love and youll leave her neglected to leave forever and not think twice to much love and you may make her stick around for awhile but eventually to love will crush her and scare her away so you gotta find that perfect point for every plant strains and genetics dont matter its all about the love lmao that and im stoned as hell so words are awesome right now lmao boom big comment haha

• POKEDSMOT
          POKEDSMOT commented
          Editing a comment
          Graff420 unless you are breeding strains your plants are female's and should be treated so .

• Graff420
          Graff420 commented
          Editing a comment
          Im breeding buds rt. Now ill figgur out strains later

Hey Alltatup Look in good , what kind of teas are you talking about ?
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          The teas that folks brew up that are so good for the roots. Heisenburg tea? I think it's mainly for soil growers and it's full of beneficial bacteria, which I already am providing thru supplements. Just something new to learn about.

Allatup, here you go! It seriously did wonders for me, as you know since you have been helping me along on the ride!

​​​​​He does mention that the main reason to use it in dwc is to get rid of the brown slime and promote root growth, but other than that it's not nearly as beneficial as using it in soil. I don't care what he says about it not being as beneficial, this stuff rocks! It only takes about 10 minutes to throw it all in a bucket, but then you have to let it aerate for 48 hours. After that keep it in the fridge and it should stay good for 7-10 days.

He says one of the main reasons to brew it is because doing it this way makes it FAR more cost effective than just using other products like great white.

My mixture of tea was ancient forest, great white, hydroguard, and molasses.

Hope this helps! And if it didnt, the article below will lol

PS - awesome grow by the way! You are doing a fantastic job!
        When a clear snot forms on roots in a DWC, and the normal course of treatment for root disease doesn't work, you probably have something called brown...
        Quadlining

Past Grows

Comment

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          Oh yeah, I forgot that you had said you were using AN products, and he says not to use it with them. From what I recall, you are correct. He says he doesn't know why, but AN products just seem to make things worse if you have a problem and use the tea. I totally understand the cost thing, I've got a decent chunk of change invested as well. But hopefully the more expensive things are already purchased and the next grows cost will be significantly less. This whole experience so far has definitely been a learning process for me as well. I have made so many mistakes along the way, but here I am now with some healthy looking plants, and a lot more knowledge than when I started.

• alltatup
          alltatup commented
          Editing a comment
          I thought he said AN inoculants are shit, period. I will have to look more deeply into the Post, but jeez, it's like 180 pages!! Now I did look up the pre-mixed Recharge compost tea on Amazon, and I might give that a try at some point in the future... I gotta do more research first. But you ARE using it in your reservoir, right? And you said it bubbles like crazy.

And yes, the cost of your next grow will be less!! ;-}

• Doubledealing72
          Doubledealing72 commented
          Editing a comment
          He does say to stay away from them in the first page, I don't know if that's only when using the tea or just in general. I have never tried them so I cannot say one way or the other.

Yes, I use it in my reservoir. I put a little bit around the stalk like he suggested and then a cup for every gallon of water you have in the rez. After that a cup every 3 days, but I have done it every other day so far with great results. Once everything is in check and the root rot is gone he says a cup for every 10 gallons of water once a week, maybe every 3 days.

The first batch I made just had bubbles from the airstones at the top that I thought was foam. The last batch I made it started foaming within 5 minutes, and it was actually foam. Keep in mind this is just when you are letting it aerate for 48 hours, it won't be bubbling in the reservoir.

Morning Alltatup, I've never made Heisenberg , but I brewed worm compost tea that my plant loved and gave it to her 2 times a month, I brewed bat dudu,gave it to her every 2 weeks which she loved ,and molasses which she got ever since the first time I saw pistils on day 21 I think. Anyway that might be how she got so heavy, don't know for sure though ,but it damn sure didn't hurt none. That might be why she tastes like what I think dried horse sh-t would taste like if i ever tried to smoke some of it. I tried a few hits of my dried plant and got high as hell but the taste almost made me gag. But I know she will taste fine when cured, least i hope so .
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

• Aloner
          Aloner commented
          Editing a comment
          Gives new meaning to "That's some good sh-t!"

• Capncanna
          Capncanna commented
          Editing a comment
          Teas are fun to make but same basic bacterium. . If it works for you , use it and I'm all for anything that works. I used to keep a composite heap as well. But I'm old now and slightly grumpy and defiantly lazy.
          Here's what's in great white for comparison

Ectomycorriza/gram:
          Pisolithus tinctorius.........187,875 propagules per gram
          Rhizopagan luteolus……….…5,219 propagules per gram
          Rhizopagan fulvigleba…….…5,219 propagules per gram
          Rhizopagan villosullus……….5,219 propagules per gram
          Rhizopagan amylopogon……5,219 propagules per gram
          Scleroderma citrinum…………5,219 propagules per gram
          Scleroderma cepa……….………5,219 propagules per gram
          Endomycorrhiza/gram:
          Glomus aggregatrum……………….83 propagules per gram
          Glomus intraradices.……………….83 propagules per gram
          Glomus mosseae…….……………….83 propagules per gram
          Glomus etunicatum………..……….83 propagules per gram
          Glomus clarum……….……………….11 propagules per gram
          Glomus monosporum……………..11 propagules per gram
          Glomus deserticola………………….11 propagules per gram
          Paraglomus brasilianum………….11 propagules per gram
          Gigaspora margarita…….………….11 propagules per gram
          Contains 525,000 CFU's per gram of the each of the following species:
          Azobacter chroococcum, Bacillus subtilis, Bacillus thurengiensis, Bacillus licheniformis, Bacillus azotoformans, Bacillus megaterium, Bacillus coagulens, Bacillus pumilis, Bacillus amyloliquefaciens, Paenibacillus polymyxa, Paenibacillus durum, Saccharomyces cerevisiae, Pseudomonas aureofaciens, Pseudomonas fluorescens
          Trichoderma koningii………187,875 propagules per gram
          Trichoderma harzianum….125,250 propagules

Amen Aloner, that was A good one.
        Cfls for a week or two
        36x36x63 inch tent.
        Smart pots
        Molasses
        Autoflowers

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
        X