Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

live or let die

Hey Folks

I've got a situation that needs NH and any others to please give me your best guess.
    My room is 4X5.
    I have 10: health, happy, bushy, well trained plants.
    Original plan was to have 6 and 4 were going to someone else who couldn't get his shit together.
    Now a week into flower and my room is crammed.
    Should I get rid of some and fatten the others, let them figure it out, sog or scrog ?
    Lights are 4 t5, 4 led floods, 1 true 340 watt led and 2 good fans and temp controlled exhaust.
    If I sog or scrog, some I may not reach after first trim.

Thanks geo

Best to be sure they have enough room to fill the space without being crowded imo

Comment

You might run into problems with them being crowded. Plants will start to overlap and could get mould from wet patches on the leaves. Might need some good defoliation to pull it off.
      Completed auto grows 3

2x4 Gorilla tent
      600W HPS
      Coco
      GH Flora Series trio + Armor Si, CALiMAGic, RapidStart, Liquid KoolBloom, Floralicious Plus, FloraKleen, Diamond Nectar, FloraBlend, FloraNectar (Pineapple Rush version), Dry Koolbloom + Great White mycorrhizae & Terpinator

Grows using this setup: 1
      Largest yield from this setup: 20oz / 567g

Previous grows:
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...row-first-grow
      http://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum/...world-of-seeds

Comment

OzBud is right about the leaves overlapping, I've noticed that moisture condensate where the leaves overlap. I had to use a fan to circulate more air to help with that. This pic is 4 plants in a 3x3 tent so you can see that even 2 more would be impossible without stunting them all.

Comment

Hey georges, I had the same problem in my grow box, and I ultimately removed four plants and left the strongest one, who now takes up the entire grow box. She's well into flower (they all were), but now all bud sites are exposed to light. I hated to do it, but I finally decided it was the best way to maximize the buds. (Grow box much smaller than your room.)
          Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
          2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
          Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

I agree with everyone I used to put 6 in my 5x5 room now I'm down to 4 with a much bigger yield, I have even noticed that in veg if they are crowded it causes all sorts of problems that stress them out so growth is slowed.
            new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
            current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

Well thanks all !!!
              Guess the weed wacker comes out tonight.
              Do you think 5, 6, 7??
              This will be painful...guess sometimes you have to cut off the nose to save the head.

Comment

• OzBud
                OzBud commented
                Editing a comment
                I'd say 4 or 5

I can't go in until 8pm.
              I can hear them already...pick me, pick me, pick me.
              Maybe I'll just stick them outside let them go back to veg, finish 6 and see how the others are doing at that point.
              Weed whacker on hold.
              Thanks again for taking the time to help.
              Really appreciate this forum and the helpfulness of everyone.

Comment

Hi All

Just to let you know...I went to 5 and a week later they have filled the space.
                Really looking good.
                Just put them into what I hope to be scrog.
                Learning o ton from this site.

Thanks to GWE fot keeping this up
                geo

Comment

• alltatup
                  alltatup commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good job, geo: a noble sacrifice!!

harvest around the corner.
                brilliant suggestions girls look good. Not like you experts get, but not bad for 2nd try.
                I harvested 1 (too early Rookie mistake)
                4 to go and they will provide all I need till next grow.
                Thanks a bunch for all your suggestions.

Comment

The poor souls that were put outside are too big to all fit in the room.
                  Likely going to pick 2 and move them in and put them into flower after current batch gets chopped.

Comment

• alltatup
                    alltatup commented
                    Editing a comment
                    You are a busy man, georges!

Just a suggestion: When i had this issue, I raised several by placing their pots on buckets/books etc. Light fittings were raised for those several.
                  Others i left at their original position.
                  However I did have fewer than you.

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                  X