Awaken5's Grow Journal - Organic Soil with Fox Farm Trio Nutrients

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Awaken5's Grow Journal - Organic Soil with Fox Farm Trio Nutrients

1.. I think GSC but not 100 percent sure.
    2. Growing in organic soil
    3. 2 T5 6400k 25 watt grow bulbs and 2 125 watt random bulbs that are temporary until I get my LED
    4. 5/20/17 and not sure about harvest date
    5. Dont know final yeild
    6. Using fox farm tri for nutes
    Last edited by berrypilot; 06-19-2017, 09:18 PM.

Looking very nice awaken. Count me in

Comment

Yes, looking real good, but a little stretched. I think they probably need more light intensity to stop that stretching.
      Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
      2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
      Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Awaken5
        Awaken5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yes that was what I was thinking, those are just temp. im getting a 800 watt led soon.

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Good decision!! They will love it!

looking good Awaken , you could lower the t5 quite a bit even if they are temp. mine are about 6 inches away from the plants if you can keep your hand between light and plant then your ok
      new grow room built summer of 2017 ,argo max tent for veging ,big kahuna reflector, 1000hps with added leds for the full spectrum . 15th indoor grow ,5 years outside gorilla grows(stealth is the key),veg under t5s growing autos under 300w leds
      current grow https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-new-grow-room

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-auto-vs-photo

https://forum.growweedeasy.com/forum...-week-4-update

Comment

• Awaken5
        Awaken5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Ok ill bring them down, im a bit concerned because I just found brown spots on them which I thought was heat stress but after looking at the symptom checker it looks like its a problem with the ph

• alltatup
        alltatup commented
        Editing a comment
        Awaken, are you checking the pH in and the pH runoff? The number one thing to do to prevent problems.

• Awaken5
        Awaken5 commented
        Editing a comment
        Yea no ive been checking ph before I water and its been around 6.5 but not the runoff, I just read that you need to do that. Ill check it next time I water

Another first timer like me! Looks like I'm only a week or so ahead of you, too. Will be watching with interest!
      My first grow

Comment

Wow its been three days and they have grown so much! Amazing how fast they grow, i'm enjoying this so much to be honest! Ive noticed some potential problems on some of them which I looked up on the Symptom checker but still not sure what exactly the problems are. Im hoping the taco shaped leaves on the one in clay pot isn't root problems, I just noticed the brown spot on one of them when I was taking the pictures. Also the burned spots on the leaves I think are from ph fluctuations, I topped the one in the 4th picture 2 days ago.

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
          9fingerleafs commented
          Editing a comment
          They look very good. Overal great health they'll surely bush up. That wrinkling could be sign of an issue but I'm not sure what. Maybe just keep an eye on that one and see it new growth gets better. Good luck

• Awaken5
          Awaken5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Thank you, I changed my mind again and I think im going to get a 400 watt hps for these girls.

If your wallet allows look at the 315 CMH runs cooler than the 400 watt HPS better light spectrum all around.

Comment

• Awaken5
          Awaken5 commented
          Editing a comment
          Yea I looked at that as well, unfortunately dont have the money for it. Thank you though

Awaken5 I think you may have a root problem: I looked up the cupping issue on this page:
        Root problems can cause wilting, drooping, nutrient issues, spots & other strange symptoms. Learn the common root problems and how to treat & prevent them.

Scroll down on the page to where it says:

Sometimes leaves will tend to cup or curl down due to root problems, like the plant above, but sometimes the curl upwards too, like the poor plant below (this was caused by poor drainage and plant was overwatered, leading to a pretty severe case of root problems)

Am I wrong, or does that look like your leaves?
        Anyone can grow schwag. If you want to grow top shelf bud, study hard: https://www.growweedeasy.com

Growing since July 21, 2016; pothead since 1967
        2 BCNL Roommate hydroponic grow boxes w/ 400w COB LEDs, Future Harvest nutes
        Grow # 18, Aug. 2023: Anesia Seeds: Imperium X, Future 1, Sleepy Joe, Slurricane

Comment

• Awaken5
          Awaken5 commented
          Editing a comment
          I read though this and yes it does look very similar to mine. Thank you

Week update: Ok so they are 4 weeks old now and they are doing great! Just got my 400 watt HPS in today and everything is looking good so far. I had some ph problems but I know how to fix them now, as well as a light being close to one in the 4th pic and it got burnt. Been using fox farm trio and just plain 6.5 ph water, I was wondering if it would be safe to cut off all of the leaves that are burnt/ph problems?

Comment

Hi Awaken, if it was me, I would trim off the burnt bits off your leaves
          its looks nicer. I just started a couple of seedlings under an LED and got a little
          bit of burn too, I trimmed it. They look healthier trimmed
          oh, and that's a nice grow you got going

Comment

Hey Awaken,
            I'm a firm believer in cutting old, sick or burnt leafs your plant will think you, but then again I'm also a believer of cutting leafs they don't last long in my tent so take what I say with a grain of salt.
            chop chop.
            You're killing me Smalls!

Comment

Another update: The HPS light was way to hot for my closet and im trying to save money so I dont really wanna invest in ventilation, so I have moved them all down to the basement! It is a lot color down here and a lot more humid. Ive had them down there all day not and I have a couple of concerns...

1. Its been pretty low temp all day, I think it might be to cold for them
              2. To humid for them

Is it worth it to invest $100 on a grow tent, I feel like if I got one it would help alot with temp/humidity control.

Comment

• alltatup
                alltatup commented
                Editing a comment
                Your girls look great, Awaken, and 73 isn't such a bad temp for summer. Yeah, what they said. Nobody said this was an inexpensive hobby...

• Awaken5
                Awaken5 commented
                Editing a comment
                Ok so if I absolutely need ventilation what would work best for me? I dont really mind having to spend the money but I'm just trying to save as much as I can

• Mr.furley
                Mr.furley commented
                Editing a comment
                Awaken5, hear is a popular route as far as exhaust fans go this will also incorporatein to a tent, my understanding is a 4-inch to bring air in and 6-inch out will give you negative air inside your tent not allowing for smell to leak out. If you're not concerned about smell then you won't need a carbon filter which will save you some money. The most important thing is get air moving you're humidity looks really high (above 50) and can cause problems like mold so you want air circulating around. even some box fans from Walmart will help.
                Here is a start, these are popular

Update: Ok so its been about 6 weeks since I planted the seeds, and they have completely blown my mind with how good they look. I thought they would be small plants because I got these seeds from bud I got! Im going to put them into flower tomorrow, I have had a couple of problems. I have found some parts of leaves that look like they have been eaten by a bug, it is only on this one plant which is weird. also those spots on the one picture are only on that one plant, I think its a cal deficiency?

Comment

• 9fingerleafs
                9fingerleafs commented
                Editing a comment
                Looking very healthy. About the bug damage I don't think it was a bug. Looks like a damaged or just not perfect leaf. About The deficiency I don't think it is a calcium one. I think those are ph fluctuation marks.

Week two of Flower and they are doing great, they look very healthy and they are growing very tall. They all turned out to be females so thats great! One issue ive been noticing is that there are leaves that are dying near the bottom growth, but at the top they are very healthy.

Comment

Hey 5 Your plants sure have grown ,their pretty. You said your feeding them Fox farms stuff ain't you ? When did they start turning yellow?
                Cfls for a week or two
                315lec for everything else
                Dug up Ms.topsoil, with perlite added
                36x36x63 inch tent.
                6inch - exaust - intake fans an scrubber
                Smart pots
                Molasses
                Autoflowers

Comment

• Awaken5
                  Awaken5 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yep Fox farm trio, they have been turning yellow for probably a 1 now. I havent thought much off it because the plants in general look healthy but they have been popping up more often now so

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
              X