wHEN WILL IT BE TIME TO FEED AT 20%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Comment

Today, I only added 1 gal. PHed water I guess the temps. during the day have been dropping a bit so the plant used less water I guess. Anyway the plant is still kicking and the flower sights look a little taller, but I suppose I could be imagining it. Temp at root zone 73 above. Root ball now fills Res. 50% (this plant growth rate is insane) Tent temp. at canopy level 74 above and breezy!. The biggest and tallest flower sights sway in the fan made wind much like like palm trees in Jamaica. LOL RH 26% and holding strong. New HPS bulb held out the first night without trouble. (should I buy a lotto ticket?). The HPS light is softer to my eyes why is that?. The HPS bulb seems also to be running slightly cooler (about 20 degrees) and brighter then the MH bulb did. Am I imagining things again? I say my MH run hotter. Why? If both bulbs are 600 watt then they both consume the same amount of power. However the MH puts out less light (lumens). Whatever power is not converted to light is going to be wasted as heat. Hence MH wastes more power as heat than HPS. Of coerce as you can tell by my forum name on the right{ I dontknownuttin.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by dontknownuttin; 11-01-2016, 08:35 AM.

Comment

Comment

Comment

Hello friend. This is the first I have posted on this thread. Just skimmed through the 200+ posts. Your plants have made an amazing journey since those first pics of seedlings. Keep up the good work.

P.S. I did see your post that you do all this work with only one working arm. Amazing, a proud papa you should be for sure!!

Comment

Today, I added 1 gal. pre mix newts and 1 gal. PHed water only. Plant looks good and is still alive. flower sights growing ok. temp.at roots 73 above. Tent temp. at canopy level 74 above. RH25% and holding.They are getting more thirsty again. I sure hope my small grow works out. So far I seem to be lucky no bugs or mold or any other thing.
              Last edited by dontknownuttin; 11-02-2016, 04:44 AM.

Comment

• Green75
                Green75 commented
                Editing a comment
                Awesome.......

Another day, another two gal. Plants sure are thirsty!. All looks well today root temp. 73 above tent temp. at canopy level 74 above RH 30% and holding. No signs of stress that I can see, I noticed there has been more flowering action though. If all goes well, I expect a harvest around December 8th around 80 days total from seed.

Comment

• Green75
                Green75 commented
                Editing a comment
                Very nice indeed

I know I promised no more photos I had to try out my new camera.

Comment

• Green75
                Green75 commented
                Editing a comment
                Keep the photos coming.....I watch those girls every day as well!!!......mine

The small leaf near the flower seems to be developing a frostiness about it.

Comment

I see what looks to be a little bit of taco'ing on some upper leafs. Could just be me. Might need to raise the lamp a few inches.

Comment

Lamp has now been raised! It is now 24 inches above canopy level. Tent internal fan speed increased to 75% speed

Comment

CO2 level in tent 1,310 PPM. There's something about a grow tent located in a 24 hour Taxi garage that promotes high CO2 levels.
                    Last edited by dontknownuttin; 11-03-2016, 02:13 PM.

Comment

I just hope after all this work I get the 4 (dry) ounces I am trying for.

Comment

• Green75
                        Green75 commented
                        Editing a comment
                        And then some

My wife still wants to grow 5 pound Tomatoes (IN MY TENT). I tell her to get her own tent!!!! Growing Tomatoes I feel would welcome unwanted guests. I noticed this morning when adding water that the root mass is MASSAVE!. MY RES. IS 3 AND A HALF GAL. THE ROOTS ARE AT THE TWO GAL MARK. All remote sensors and all pumps are hidden from my view concealed inside the root mass. I bet post harvest clean up will be hard! Roots still looked white and healthy (no smells or goo detected.) I have found that if I add only PHed water with LOW PPM around 0ppm and use this water 100% between changes, The salt build up is a non issue. I added a small black plastic piece inside the res. but just above the water line. The air bubbles pop just below the black plastic depositing a thin layer of what ever could be in the water like A STALAGTIGHT IN A CAVE . I can see any and all salt build up easily on the black shiny plastic surface of the black plastic. I also watch the salt leach back into the new water as the salt stain LEACHES OUT and the salt stain on the plastic surface, slowly disappears back into solution, (I call this method the Caveman's PPM meter PATENT DATED 200 bc.) I think the plant roots filter the salts and other remaining newts. from the res. as well as all the water I remove at change time is crystal clear it is cloudy when I add it back in at change. Next time fewer plants I think 2 would be enough for this set up. 35 more days before harvest time!. NOTE Please remember do not try anything I am as I dontknownuttin. (my disclaimer)
                      Last edited by dontknownuttin; 11-03-2016, 03:07 PM.

Comment

Another gal. and a half of H2O again today. Plants seem happy

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                        X