Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Royal Nugs View Post
    I think it looks fine...

Yes HPS are known to cause stretching. Raising your light can also stretch them.
    Autos just grow slow I guess.

Comment

I took your advise and raised the light tube about a foot. I am still using the 600 watt MH bulb for now.

Comment

With photoperiod plants I would never recommend trying to intentionally stretch a plant out. I just don't see a reason to do it. If you properly trim/lolipop your plant, you shouldn't have any problems. Some strains do have a very dense, crowded type of structure. Maybe I can see that being a time to do it but even then I think it can be controlled from proper maintenance.

I don't know if this translates to auto flowers though. Seems to be a lot of inconsistency with autoflower strains in general. All the more reason to buy seeds from known autoflower breeders.

Comment

With photoperiod plants I would never recommend trying to intentionally stretch a plant out. I just don't see a reason to do it. If you properly trim/lolipop your plant, you shouldn't have any problems. Some strains do have a very dense, crowded type of structure. Maybe I can see that being a time to do it but even then I think it can be controlled from proper maintenance.

I don't know if this translates to auto flowers though. Seems to be a lot of inconsistency with autoflower strains in general. All the more reason to buy seeds from known autoflower breeders.
          This is the medical strain I hope produces my needed medication!. These local dispencerys charge way too much!. I want my hard working spouse to be able to enjoy her retirement (long after I will be gone). They charge $200.00-$300 a ounce! and to me it is not top shelf!. I suspect shelf #2 at best!. I am SERVIRLY DISABLED and not long for this world. Cannabis has replaced about 80% of my pharma stuff. NOTHING WORKS BETTER!. My final years I hope 5 at least should be pain free for me. I have a state medical card (to cover my backside), but even the card cost way too much!. I hope for big changes before I am gone (I know don't hold my breath) LOL THE SEEDS ARE FROM BIG Buda I BELIEVE THEY ARE RATED OK. SO FAR 82% GERMANATION % NOT TOO BAD
          Named after its "critical mass" of production, Critical Mass yields buds with a THC level of 19-22%.
          Last edited by dontknownuttin; 10-07-2016, 01:24 PM.

Comment

• Green75
            Green75 commented
            Editing a comment
            I as well am growing some critical....la la la lovely

Ress change and upped the newts to 44% I will be keeping it at45% until harvest now (fingers crossed) No sign of leaf damage as of yet. Plant growing now at a faster rate is seems. I am using a 600 watt MH now in the 6K spectrum. light 2 feet now above plants but light on for 20-24 hours each day. I have a fresh HPS bulb just waiting for the change over (if they make it that far.) plants compact They are autos I (guess this is normal when using a MH bulb.). but show 4 tear branching. And I viewed the roots at change and they look ok to me they reach to the bottom of the res. No discoloration of any kind. I will go back in a hour and check to see any reaction. Buda says 70 days I am planning on 80 myself but what do I know?. As you might guess, I "dontknownuttin!
          Attached Files
          Last edited by dontknownuttin; 10-10-2016, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Well, is it going to die? Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4081.JPG
Views:	140
Size:	1.23 MB
ID:	2908

Comment

• Royal Nugs
              Royal Nugs commented
              Editing a comment
              Looks good to me!

You have NO IDEA just how hard this grow is for a person post stroke!. (I am lucky if I remember to zip up my fly! LOL) I find it a accomplishment my self. If the plants die I will have learned something. If they live I should be happy at Christmas!. I am blessed with a wife that stood by me AFTER TWO BAD STROKES!. I am sure I have become a PIA in the 3d degree! LOL. EVERYONE NEEDS SOMEONE HUH?
            Last edited by dontknownuttin; 10-10-2016, 12:19 PM.

Comment

It has been about 3 hours since I upped the % of newts and changed the whole reds.. I can detect no leaf damage at all. In act the plant seems to be standing tall. I guess I am ok

Comment

Well, its the next day and still I see no burn good news I hope. All they are getting between change is PHed water I do not wish to promote build up of salts. Raised light a bit to combat high day time temps.

Comment

Looks like it's time to start implementing you training regime. They look fantastic! In the 2nd pic I see some bunching.

I would be topping now if you plan to and start LST on the branches by bending them down gently.

Up to you how you want to proceed. Have fun and good luck!

Comment

Looks like it's time to start implementing you training regime. They look fantastic! In the 2nd pic I see some bunching.

I would be topping now if you plan to and start LST on the branches by bending them down gently.

Up to you how you want to proceed. Have fun and good luck!
                    I resest topping these as they are autos I was told only to use scrog training with these lady's am I wrong?

Comment

The tent does not offer much room it is only 7 foot tall and 4 feet by 2 feet. I expect crowding of a sort with 4 plants. All I will try to do is keep em bent down using the net trellis. I hope to get some firm idea just how much can fit in a tent. I understand Autos of the Indicia kind do not grow too tall. short and bushy I hope.
                      Last edited by dontknownuttin; 10-11-2016, 10:27 AM.

Comment

I forgot they were autos. Nebula has a great article on topping autos. I have no experience with them so I will defer to those that do.

Comment

This being my first personal grow, I hesitate going beyond a rookie. After a time I may grow experience and bravely test the boundary's! Remember I have had two major strokes and as such the world just isn't right like before. (at least for me.) I feel it is a really something that I have been able to get this far. After some experience I may try other methods. As for now its enough for me if I get through the day without burning down the house LOL.

Comment

TRYING OUT NEW 400 TIMES MICROSCOPE/ENDOSCOPE. I hope these photos will help me to decide when to harvest I can not see good I hope this device will help testing....

Comment

Check out our new growing community forum! (still in beta)

Subscribe to Weekly Newsletter!

Working...
                            X